This is NOT me
Not WordPress Related.
Several months ago, I attempted to contact this business, and find out who the ‘Robert Clifford Crain’ was behind the ‘Mums Cafe and Restaurant’ Business. To no avail.
I contacted NSW Police, as I believe that someone may have stolen my identity, who in return recommended I contact the Australian Taxation Office.
The Australian Taxation Office, in their wisdom, asked if I had proof that somebody had in fact stolen my identity, and is committing a crime. Obviously I don’t have proof, but what I do know is;
- My name is Robert Clifford Crain.
- In 2010, I registered a business name, Mums Cafe and Restaurant.
- I never renewed the business name, although for some reason it was renewed. It was finally cancelled in 2018.
- There is NO business registered now by that name.
- The odds of ANOTHER Robert Clifford Crain existing in New South Wales, let alone one that just happens to use the business name of Mums Cafe and Restaurant, dare I say, are all but 0%.
At what point does ANY Australian Government department or office, take these things seriously. I was basically told that if I had proof that somebody was breaking the law, I should provide it, otherwise, there’s nothing they could do.
What could be done at a Police or ATO level, is look at Government records to find out if there is in fact ‘another’ Robert Clifford Crain. Something so simple, made difficult by bureaucracy and a Public Service, that just does not care.
So, for the record – This is NOT me.